Social Services that can “Manage Bookmarks” (batch editing)
Here is the list of Social services for Social bookmarking service with PR Details
- BlinkList*:[PR5] BETA Web 2.0 style interface using Tags and Ajax in page features. Interface is being translated to 18 languages. [info]
[09/2005] [PHP/MySQL/JS/Ajax] [Blog/RSS] [Tag/RSS/User] [Bookmarks] [Review] [Interview] [Video Tutorial]
Some Features: One click copy button. 2 click in page copy + edit + mail. one click in page 5 star rating. Clickble Tag cloud for tagging. User startpage. Profile with Avatar and HTML. Bookmark username. View favorites, popular(hot now), most recent. Make all links public. Delete all bookmarks.
User page: View tags as favorites. popular, recent or cloud. Related tag tree. Watch-list(friends, fans). Ability to create a topic page.
What’s special: “Flag as spammer” button, one click copy. User page in-place tag manager-editor. Fans(see who follows you). Bookmarks showsup on user startpage if tag and bookmark are starred [info]. RSS button generats it’s linkroll code. Shoutbox. Thumbshots(when available). Topic pages.
- Chipmark*:[PR5] by a group of Computer Science students[info] Open source social bookmarks using folders and labels.
[Java/JS] [Review] Some Features: Broken Links checker. Description. Private/Friends/Public. Internal mail. Bookmark manager. Search and advanced search page. Sidebar with suggest while you type. View Top10/recent. Favicons as option.
Tools: Import/Export to HTML. Required Toolbar that lets you view your online bookmarks as local bookmarks only while your logged in. (Firefox Toolbar has the most features: login, dropdown menu with bookmarks, add/move/edit bookmark, email, add folder, friend, filtered search…) Windows Task-bar utility.
- Connectedy*:[PR5] Text based interface Social bookmarks using Folders.
 [News] [User] Some Features: Import from file. Batch edit selected bookmarks. Public/Private. Comments. View Hot topics or Popular categories Tag Cloud. Full text Search. Google search. Text ads.
Tools: Bookmarklet (popup).
- Connotea*:[PR7] Open source for academics, research, entrepeise social bookmarks using tags. Complete update, faster page load, new UI… Added automazicaly import blog citations. Tag suggestions. Search user, tag, my bookmarks, via google.
 [Perl] [Blog/RDF] [MailingList] [Tag/RSS/RIS/Endnote/BibTex/MOD(XML)/User] [Review] [video tutorials] [API] [Download] Some Features: Batch rename/group tags or to several tags. Auto-discovery(will automatically fetch additional bibliographic information), Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), Geotagging, OpenURL, possibility to create groups. Bookmark username. Copy. Notes. Comments. Create page. Add Comments. Popular links page. Annotate. Notes to Tags. OpenURL Resolver (generates OpenURL from a URL). Option to notify you are author of the webpage. Full-text search. Tag search result page show list of users using that tag.
Tools: Bookmarklets and some tools made by others. RSS. Import from HTML/RIS with default tag setting and/or file tag. Export to HTML/RIS. RIS and RSS for search results.
Website using Connotea: Shoppersbase
- del.icio.us*:[PR8] By Joshua Schachter and acquired by Yahoo. Clever text based using Tags. Homepage now shows Hotlist updated every hour. Front page has been restyled [info], Search drop down menu, Network badge, Randomizer bookmarklet which opens a radom link and search has a menu to search user bookmarks, del.icio.us or the web.
[16/02/2003] [Pearl/Ajax] [API] [Blog/RSS] [MailingList] [VideoTutorial] [Tag/RSS/User] Some Features: 2 click inpage delete. One-click inpage edit. Copy from other user. Friendly URLs. Case sensitive Tags. Tag manager(delete, replace to multiple tags). Notes. Inbox. Post to other users. Follow friends bookmarks, Bookmark username. List of most popular. Clickable tag cloud, popular tags and suggest when adding/editing. Boolean tag search. Text search. URL search page. Search by file type-Media file type detection. Thumbshots for Flickr bookmarks. View 10/25/50/100 bookmarks. Bundels(quick access tag sets). View popular/recent. Experimental features: Private/Public.
Tools: 2 Bookmarklets(popup/non-popup+text clipping, Bookmark username, Play Tagger, Randomizer). Blog Buttons(Post/Network badge) Linkroll generator with optional buttons, title, description, date and tags. (bookmarks/playtagger) Tagroll. Firefox search and extension. RSS/HTML/JS/JSON, IE Active Channel. Export to HTML with optional tags and description. Import from HTML with folder names as tags, option to add custom tags, add public popular tags and/or replace existing bookmarks. Import to HTML with Tags and Notes as option. Experimental Daily blog posting. Feed License settings. Network (follow friends)
Huge collection of 3rd party tools tools.
What’s special: ‘for:’ tag (tag to ‘send’ bookmarks to other users). Tag Bundles for quick access. JSON. Antisocial(hide user or Tag). mp3 player. [info] Color sheme bookmarks[info]. odds and even class for styling linkrolls.
- Diigo *:[PR6] “Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff.” Web 2.0 style text-based interface, bookmarks and annotation using Tags. The toolbar gives highlight and blogging support. UI redesigned.
[11/2005] [Java/J2ee/Ruby on Rails/Ajax] [Blog/RSS] [Demo][Review] Some Features: One click bookmark with custom Tag. One click copy. Related Tags(+add and remove), Search(My/Community/Tag/Full Text). In page Advanced Search(Anywhere/tags/title/URL/highlights/Text/comments/without). Direct Links. Public/Private Bookmark or only notes/highlights, Inbox(follow user and tags), Bookmark username, RSS, mail, batch checked bookmarks( public, private, edit, extract highlights, send), Tags, Tag Cloud that is also a Tag editor. Image bookmarks have thumbshots(toolbar required). Cache copy.
Tools: in page Bookmarklet (annotate, bookmark & forward) for IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Import directly from browser bookmarks, file and del.icio.us. Ajax Linkroll generator with options. Add to Diigo blog footer buttons and code. [button code] Toolbar(Firefox 1.0+) features: Quick-D: a One click Bookmark with automatic tagging. Customize Search box-menu. Bookmark Status Icon that shows whether the current page has been bookmarked by yourself, an other user or has comments. Right click for highlighting and saving images. Blog This! button with support for WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad, MovableType. Quick access bookmarks drop-down menu by setting a tag. bookmark to: de.licio.us, , Furl, Netvouz, RawSugar, Simpy, Spurl, ma.gnolia, connotea and locally. Has a good about/help page [Help] What’s special: Space OR comma separated tags. Earlier/Later Tag navigation shows number of bookmarks. Private notes on Public Bookmarks. With toolbar: Blogging support for WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad and Movable Type. Highlight with visual options, Multiple posting to other social bookmarks. Bookmark Status Icon. Quick-D. Customizable search.
- Feed Me Links!*:[PR5] Open Source Social Bookmarks using Tags
[03/03/2002] [RSS] [API] [download] [tag/User] Some Features: 3 click copy (copy-tag-OK). 2 click edit/delete tag. Batch edit selected bookmarks. Add Comments. Bookmark’s page have: user name, date, tags, views, email/copy/find similar link. One click make public. Public/Private bookmarks and tags. send links via email. View My/other users comments. expand/condensed view(hides the top bar). Search link/tag/my/user. Sort by date/name, Collapse/Expand descriptions, List of 15 last added links, list of ‘hall of fame’ Profile page has: Friendster ID, Geo position, country, language, Avatar…
Tools: Bookmarklets. Toolbar. RSS User or Tag syndication. Import HTML del.icio.us file. Export OPML/HTML, RSS. Firefox Search. Flash Sidebars for all main browsers with My/recent/friends links. Grease monkey script.
What’s special: Adding links by email. Private tags. Possibility to create tags anytime. Delete tag AND links or just the tag. Special page massages are…special. 😉
- Furl* :[PR8] “File URL” by Looksmart. Social Bookmarks using topics (categories)
[08/2003] [VideoTutorial] [blog/RSS] [Search/popular/URL/User] Some Features: 2 click copy. Categories. Comments. Clipping. Rating. Archive/Refresh copy. Batch select user bookmarks to edit, email, read/unread, private/public and move. Search User bookmarks/Archive/furl/web with query syntax. People-Rank(search rank). Public bookmarks highlighted by popularity. Option to Allow Spiders.
Tools: Bookmarklets (popup/non popup/one click post), RSS for tags/user/search results. Toolbar. Linkroll. Export to Furl XML format, Zipped ,IE, Mozilla/Netscape, MLA, APA, Chicago, CBE, BibTeX, RIS/EndNote.
What’s special: Export by Tag to many formats. Duplicate alert when adding a bookmark.
- Lookmarks*:[PR4] by Adam Text based interface with many format support and playlisting.
[11/2003] [C/NET/SQL] [Blog/RSS] [review] [Tag/image/video/User] Some Features: one click inpage copy. 2 click delete. one click edit. Batch edit all page or search results. Save and export images, Video, Music, Playlists. Ajax one click copy button(star), Categories, Show Link Titles Only. Show 10/20/50/100 links per page. Suggested tags. Related Tags. RSS/JS. Podcast RSS support. Scores. ‘Good Lookers’ list. Buttons: Play with Windows Media Player. Real Player and Winamp(iTunes)
Tools: bookmarklets(Bookmark and grab links), IE right click. Import from local HTML.
What’s special: Music and podcast support. Bookmarklet page opens in an iframe with automatic tag extraction from the title where one can choose 3 places to go from: go back, go to bookmarks and find similar.
- Ma.gnolia*:[PR3] by Gnolia Systems and Happy Cog. Web 2.0 style community driven social bookmarks using Tags. Root: bookmarklet and button showing web page information and rating at ma.gnolia.
[16/03/2005] [Ruby on Rails] [xFolk/MicroID/OpenID/CreatriveCommons] [Review] [Blog/RSS] [API] [tag/User] Some Features: Ads. Bookmark’s page have Thumbshots, direct links, short links, rating, description. Groups bookmarks with avatar. Tag manager(rename, delete, split). Delete all bookmarks. Messages. Friends. Search contact, group or Bookmarks using Tags or Text. View most recent. Profile page with avatar. View recent. Hot Bookmarks. Internal Mail. discussions. Claim your bookmarks or group in Technorati. API acces(ex. corkd).
Tools: Bookmarklets(normal, pop-up and one click). Button generator. Linkroll generator with optional thumbshots, date, updated date, rating and descriptions. Root bookmarklet and buttons. Import(from file or del.icio.us). RSS complete and lite feed for tags. Many 3rd party tools: Del.icio.us to Ma.gnolia Greasemonkey Script, FireFox Search. Google toolsbar button. Google homepage module. TextPattern Link Roll Plugin, WordPress Notable Link Roll Plugin, Mac OS-X Dashboard and Yahoo Widgets. FeedBurner Link Splicer…
What’s special: For useful bookmarks, send thank-yous to other members bookmarks and view who thanked you and for which bookmark.
- Netvouz*:[PR7] “interNET rendezVOUZ” Social bookmark manager using tags and folders.
 [Java] [English/Swedish] [Blog/RSS] [Review+Feature Table] [Interview] [Tag/RSS/User] Some Features: Drop-down menu. Public/Private Folders. View Global and User Tag Cloud, User tags list. Search all or user bookmarks. Related Tags(+add and remove). bookmark username. Copy. Start Rating(Poor/Average/Good/Very good). Open in new window button. View 10/20/50/100 bookmarks. Broken link checker and manager. Delete all bookmarks. Close account(!)
Edit mode has: One click delete, Batch edit selected(move, tag, delete) and a drop-down menu for quickly moving bookmarks to any hierarchical level. Add bookmark leads to the choice to retern to previous page or go to Netvouz.
Tools: Bookmarklet(pop-up + non popup) that extracts tags from the selected text. Export to Netvout XML/Firefox/IE. Import from del.icio.us (optional Tags and description). Import from file( Firefox/IE/Opera/Safari/Powermarks) to any folder with tag extraction(folder name/title/description) and options to skip duplicates, remove toolbar folder and merge duplicate folders. Blog button code, Linkroll several custom codes. To come: Firefox toolbar and search
What’s special: Netgative rating (‘Poor’). Powerfull import with tag extraction. Import from Powermarks. Mark as intranet. Export folder without tags to HTML and XML. Delete all bookmarks. Private notes on public bookmarks. Hotpicks(quick access bookmarks you allways see). Advanced broken link manager that gives possibilty to batch delete and edit.
- RawSugar*:[PR6] Web 2.0 style social search engine with Clustered tagging. Advanced BlogSync integration. in page copy and edit.
 [Blog/RSS] [API] [tag/RSS/User] Some Features: 1-click in page edit + popup window; 2-click copy (click + popup + tag + click); Search tabs(All/Web 2.0 Blogs/ Watchlist/My diectors); ‘Add bookmark/copy’ window have clickable popular tags assigned by other users + notes (text/HTML formatting, images, emoticons…) + thumbnail; Ajax-style tag manager (copy, paste, rename, delete, new); in page Login; Directories, Related Directories. Watchlist (follow, see who follows). Email search results. Search with singular and plural included (stemming), Boolean search (groups). View 10/20/50/100 bookmarks per page. Monthy popular tag page showing usernames and their tags. Expande/Collapse for related clusters and subscribe buttons to multiple RSS readers for each Tag. Delete all tags or links[info]. Personal styled page with Avatar.
Tools: Bookmarklet with clipping text and images(IE/Safari/Forefox/Flock). Firefox toolbar. IE right click. Export XML/OPML (or export 50 bookmarks of a specific tag to del.icio.us format using apiExport.). Import (delicious, Furl, Firefox, IE, OPML). Import posts with description lenghs options (WordPress, MovableType/TypePad, RSS feed). BlogSync(automatically add new blog posts to Rawsugar). Blog guided search generator for blogs. Syncronize from del.icio.us. Blog button code. Linkroll with thumbshots using RSS2JS. Google Homepage Module.
What’s special ‘Automatic hierarchy’ option that clusters your tags based on relations created by other members. Clustered tags Ajax manager. Shows edit or copy buttons for bookmarks you have or do not have. BlogSync+Blog guided search . Tag extractor option for Tagging (Page Tagger)Advanced search and adult content search (adult content blocked by default). Search with suggest while you type and with weighted auto-completion (colors indicating popularity of the suggested tags). User bookmark search. Rename account that renames user URL. Delete Tags. Delete Links [info]. Top User monthly Rewards program.[Info]
- Simpy*: Social Bookmarks and notes using Tags with a Text-based interface. : import users from de.lirio.us as it will shut down.
 [Blog/RSS] [Group] [API] [User] Some Features: One click delete; Archive; Comments; Clippings(Notes); Rating; Related pages; Topics(like delicious inbox); Watchlist; Auto-login options, del.icio.us sync; Full-text search with boolean and wildcat support. Poeple Search. Flickr-style Groups. View 10/50/all bookmarks. Similar/cached/Mail/history for each bookmark. View 20/50/100/all tags. View most active users. Private/Public. Options: Set default privacy level/number of bookmarks/other user’s bookmarks/global feeds/notes per page/search results
Tools: 5 Bookmarklets: add/search bookmarks/note/search notes/link history. Import with the possibility to add a unique tag (from Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, del.icio.us and de.lirio.us[See under de.lirio.us]) Export, , RSS for tags. Firefox sidebar. Search Plug-in. Sidebar. User made bookmarklets(1 2 3)
What’s special: Related tags: –, ~, + add and remove for user bookmarks. Tag manager with rename/split/merge/delete. Statistical information for each bookmark. RSS feed has a ‘not’ query. Google adsense support.
- Spurl*:[PR7] For SPecial URL. Web 2.0 style interface using Tags and Folders. Uses Zniff as search engine.
 [API request by Email] [User] Some Features: Batch move, copy, delete, tag bookmarks. Expande/collapse details. Broken links analyse. Thumbshots. Archive. Tags. Categories. Clipping. Notes. Bookmark page. Public/private. Email Link. Related Links. Discover (Hot, Fresh and Random) Random Spurls and Users. List of all Users. Language settings for each bookmark and global.
Tools: Bookmarklet. Toolbar. Spurl meter button(shows how many users have ‘Spurled’ the page). Sidebar version. Import from file safari/mozilla/IE/Opera/Other (lets you choose what folders to import from during the process). Import from del.icio.us. Export to HTML and XML. ATOM/XML/JS. User bookmark statistics. Publish folder.
What’s special: Shows ‘a year ago bookmarks’. Import folder choice. User bookmark statistics. Language settings. Spurl meter button.
- Unalog:[PR6] Text based interface using Tags.
[Python] [xFolk]  [Blog/RSS] [API] [Download] [User] Some Features: Export to XML, Tags. Batch edit, remove tags. Comments. Friendly URls. bookmark username. private/public. Create and join groups, View Tags by alphabet letter.
Tools: Bookmarklets(Post + Index page when saving). PDA, RSS, XBEL, XOBIS, MODS links. Pearl tool for adding to unalog.
What’s special: Special URL navigation by date, format… see screenshot or about page.
- Yahoo! My Web*:[PR6] BETA Social bookmarks using tags, folders and thumbshots. Now with global access options (Private, the Yahoo! community or everybody).
[API] Some Features: One click copy. One click in page edit. URL/Tag/Related Search. Save from Yahoo! search results. Cache copy as option. Search History. Invite friends. Possibility to add contacts from the public bookmarks. Duplicate detector. Search box for “My bookmarks”, “Popular tags”. Full, detail, list and grid view. View Top Tags, Interesting Today, related tags, active taggers. Mouseover user info with avatar. ‘Show details’ bookmark page has copy, email bookmark and IM user. Incredibly long undirect URLs. Batch tag editor.
Preferences: To choose Tabs. Filter images. Multimedia search formats. Language, SafeSearch, Layout… settings as in Yahoo.com search.
What’s special: RSS/XML import. (No logout?)
- i89.us*:[PR4] Social bookmarks using tags with tabbed interface.
[04/2006] [User] Some Features: Export to exel, xml, html and IE. Tags, Comments, Personal and General Categories, Copy, Bookmark username, Friends, Email. View Popular tags, Popular Bookmarks, Recent Bookmarks. The ‘Add Bookmark’ page has a fetch keywords button,
To come: Import from del.icio.us, Furl, Firefox & IE, watch list, profiles, networking, voting. Friendly URls. Video bookmarking and more…
Tools: Bookmarklets(popup/non popup/one click+ automatic filling) RSS feeds and RSS Linkroll generator with preview. Blog Button. URL Shortener.
What’s spcial: option to shorten the bookmark’s URL. “Fetch Keywords” button inserts popular tags while creating a bookmark.
- AllMyFavorites.net*:[PR4] Social bookmarks using folders and thumbshots.
 [English/Danish] [News] Some Features: Category Description, Right click, possibility to change order by drag and drop, automatic Dead Links checker. Folders. Search and advanced search(URL/Descriptions/Category/User/Language/Modified). Automatic language detection (English/German/French/Danish/Swedish/Nowegian) Mouseover Tooltips with thumbshots. Personal page. Directy friendly URLs. Ads.
Tools: Required Toolbar(Firefox, Mozilla, IE). Windows Taskbar application. Import/Export/Sync(Firefox,IE) Firefox search plugin. Buttons and banners.
- BeWebWord: Social bookmarking like identi.ca powered by Staut.Net enable subscription, Group creating, Manage bookmarks, Follow users and more .
- BibSonomy*:[PR6] Social bookmarks and publications using tags with a text based interface.
[RSS] [Blog] [MailingList] [Popular] [User] Some Features: Related tags. Public/Private/Friends bookmarks and groups. Friends. Tag and full text search with filter tags! Bookmark username. User tag list and cloud. View popular/busy tags. Global Tag Cloud. Add bookmark with clickable Tags cloud.
To come: Batch Tag editor.
Tools: bookmarklets (post BibTeX). RSS/XML/BibTex/EndNote links. Import from del.icio.us. BibTeX manually, snippet and upload.
What’s special: BibTeX support. Duplicate detection when adding new bookmarks with the possibility of merging the information. Group accounts by email request.
- blabb.com:[PR0] Web2.0 style Public bookmarking and aggregator where everybody can submit.
[JS/Ajax] [info] [User] Some Features: Links and feeds open in an in page Ajax window, 2 click Copy(click-tag-click). One click delete. Themes(Usefull, read, tech, fun…). Description. Automatic RSS detection. Tags, Categories, Search by country. Browse by date, alpha, best(?) or links that have RSS. View todays popular, yesterday’s popular and ramdom. View by country, Blogger or MySpace blogs. Sort Alpha, Newest, Best or RSS.
Tools: 2 ‘recommend this button’ for Blog posts. RSS.
- Blogmarks.net*:[PR7] by BmTeam. Web 2.0 style Social Bookmarks with Thumbshots. Network and interface has been redesigned.
[02/2004] [English/French] [xFolk] [Blog/RSS] [API] [PHP toolkit] [User] Some Features: 2 click Copy. 2 click in page delete. Add comments. Thumbshots. Public/private Tags(boolean). Global and user Tag Cloud. Related tags. View Popular Links. Bookmark username. Gavatar support. Friends. Search my or friends bookmarks. Search Tags with limite results to 50/100/200. Delete all bookmarks. Friendly URLs.
Tools: Bookmarklets with selected text support(popup/non popup). RSS. Internet Explorer Right-Click Context Menu. Userscripts. Blogsync(automaticaly post bookmarks with thumbshots to your blog[example] Import from Blogmark’s Atom, del.icio.us, Mozilla/Netscape. Export to gzip compressed Atom feed. NEW: Delete all.
What’s spacial: Private Tags. Blogsyc, Export to gzip. Interface color changes depending where you are(red for user bookmarks, green for public)
- BmAccess*:[PR5] Web 2.0 style Social bookmarks using tags and folders with thumbshots. [English/French] [PHP/MySQL/JS]
Tools: in page iframe Bookmarklet.
What’s Special: Bookmarks open an iframe. Comma or space sparated tags.
- BookmarkTracker*:[PR5] Bookmarks using folders and public directory.
Some Features: Automatic folders(New Bookmarks, My Top Rated Bookmarks, Recently Visited, Most Visited), Search Folder titles and bookmarks, public and private RSS, synchronize, Import from IE and Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox.
- BuddyMarks*:[PR5] Social bookmarks using Tags in a directory style interface. Now has publishing!
 [PHP] Some Features: Predefined categories, Public category RSS, Bookmark username. Public/Friends/Private. Copy from other user. Import/Export Netscape HTML. Edit mode. Search with Tag and bookmark results separated. Email invitation. Tags when bookmarking and search results. Invite and keep track of invitations. Note, there are no bookmarks at root level and has no User link. Home button leads to your bookmarks.
Tools: Bookmarklets. Sidebar. HTML and RSS publisher giving the possibility to turn on and off Public/Friends/Private bookmarks sharing with everybody.
- ButterFly:*:[PR5] Web2.0 Social bookmarking using tags with annotation and page editing capabilities.
[JS/Ajax/DHTML] [English/Dutch] [Blog] [Review] [Video Tutorials] [User] Features: One click delete. Tags, Private/Public Categories(sets), Global and personal Tag cloud, Search, Private/Public, Ratings, Sort by Date/Ratings/Views. Close account.
To come: notes
Tools Bookmarklets (pop-up, non popup, ButterFly Reader) RSS links.
What’s special: The ButterFly Reader, annotation mode using a bookmarklet to edit pages, copy selected text, annotate, highlight, search, translate and mail.
- CiteULike*:[PR7] by Richard Cameron. Text-based service with tagging to help academics to share, store, and organise the academic papers. New UI.
[English/French/German/Italian/Norwegian/Swiedish/Japanese/Russian] [MailingList] [Review] [Interview] Some Features: Archive. Groups. WatchList. One click watch artcle. Write article. Upload files. Comments. RSS, Bookmark username. Possibility to add an image. Post to other members. View related articles as TouchGraph(See scientific visualisation )
Tools: Import BibTeX with custom tag(upload + paste). Export to BibTeX/EndNote. Bookmarklets and greasemonkey scripts to support COinS links at a number of institutions[info]. PithHelmet for Safari on Mac OS X, Greasemonkey script. plugin subversion repository.
What’s special: BibTeX and OpenURL support. Automatically extracts the citation details from a list of supported sites[list]
- Complore*:[PR5] beta “Come Xplore” Network community with blogging, forums and bookmarks using tags.
[04/06] [Blog/RSS] [Video Tutorial] [User] Some features: Private/Public. Bookmark BibTex. Tag and user XML. Email Messages. File storage(jpg jpeg gif png txt html doc xls pdf ppt pps up to 10 MB) Possibility to create groups with privacy settings. Groups RSS feed. Rating.
Add bookmark page has: Tags, Private/Public. List in group and HTML support for descriptions.
Tabs: Tags, Articles, Lectures, Papers, Event, Groups. Bookmark commenting but no copy button.
Sidebars have Tag cloud, Popular feeds, Upcoming events, Most popular content, Quick access links, direct post buttons(article, event, bookmark…) No redirect back to previous URL after bookmarking, but to the bookmark page.
Tools: Bookmarklet. Import from BibTeX(upload or paste).
What’s special: Create new items page have a preview button. One click delete latest bookmark from sidebar. Filter tags. Window title includes bookmark title.
- de.lirio.us*:[PR6] Open source del.icio.us clone using Tags. ! Will shutdown. Users are moved to Simpy!
[25/03/2005] [Rubic] [xFolk] [RSS] [blogforum] [download] [User] Some Features: Private/Public Expande/collapse description. Search and URL search. View recent. Expande/collapse details. Technorati/Google/Yahoo search for each bookmark. Subscribe Tag to bloglines. @private tag for private bookmarks.
- excites :[PR3] Social bookmarks using tags and thumbshots.
[02/2007] [User] [Tag] Some Features: Tag bundels. Show Public/Private. Noting and commenting. 2 click delete. Popular and related tags. Tag cloud. Email Notification. Subscribe to tags.
Tools: Bookmarklets. FF extension.
- ez4u.net *:[PR4] Social Bookmarks using categories.
 [User] Some Features: Mouseover bookmark details. Email message and/or checked bookmarks to user or external email.
Tools: bookmarklet. Optional RSS. Google Search Bar. Import from File converting 1st folder to category. Print Bookmarks.
- Frassle:[PR6] by Shimon Rura. No longer supported. Alpha and is no longer being actively developed. Open source Social Bookmarking and blog using hierarchical categories and tags, used to also have an aggregator but is now disabled.
[Perl] [12/2003] Some Features: RSS, Bookmark username, Categories, Discussion, blog(studio), Internet-scale search engine. Category manager.
Tools: bookmarklets. Linkroll generator. Did not see any Import feature.
What’s special: the ‘content studio’, a kind of personal RSS aggregator start-page.
- Fungow* :[PR4] “fun-go!” Launched! Web2.0 Social bookmarking using Folders,(No tags as presented here) where each user URL is a tabbed single page application.
[12/06-18/06/06] [JS] [Blog] [Video Tutorial] [review] [User] Some Features: Search all from front page/Search user bookmarks from user page; 2 click copy(popup) from search results; 1 click save from bookmark detail tab; Internal mail; Complete profile with avatar, contact, age, address…; View by thumbshots/List; Bookmarks date range; Sort by name/most visited/last visited/recente; Previous/next buttons show page count; Delete account;
‘Add bookmark’ page has mail/cache copy/description/capiton/create folder
Tools: popup bookmarklet; User name RSS; Import(Firefox/IE/del.icio.us file); Export (HTML);
- Goesby:[PR4] Social bookmarks using search with RSS suppot. Didn’t have much information.[+27/07/06]
- GUIcookies:[PR4] Dynamic(?) bookmarks using folders for Windows Internet Explorer with drag and drop support, even to the task bar. Public/Private or make it only available to one friend.
- igooi* :[PR5] Simple text based interface using Tags, categories and folders.[User]
Some Features: Rating. Groups. Add Comments. Podcast support. View Recent/Hot Tags/Top Users. Bookmark username. Links to Google Cache and Internet archive. Google search box. Batch selected private/public
Tools: Bookmarklets (one click, pop up, non pop up and search). IE Right-click. Sidebar. XML links. Import from RSS url. Export to IE HTML. Linkroll.
- iloggo: Social bookmark startpage using tags, tabs and thumbshots or logos. [+04/01/07] [English/Polish] Tools: Firefox and IE extension that add two buttons.
- iKeepBookmarks.com:[PR4] Web1.0 style Text based interface.
Some Features: Folders, navigation iframe(tour button), Searches folder names and links.
Tools: Bookmarklet, Toolbar, Task-bar utility.
- indiamarks:[PR5] Social bookmarking using tags and categories focused on India. Tag cloud shows number of bookmarks.
- indiza.com:[PR5]Public social bookmarks using tags. Didn’t manage to register.
[JS] Some features: Avatar with Avatar editor, Tags, Bookmark username, Date
Tools: bookmarklet, Firefox search.
- Jots:[PR6] Text based interface using tags. [Ruby/Postgres/FastCGI/Apache]  [API] [User]
Some Features: RSS, Archive, Privet/Public, Bookmark username, ignore users and hide their bookmarks. Ads.
Tools: bookmarklets post and ‘jotted’ that lists who bookmarked. Experimental Firfox bookmarklet(!It’s not mentionned on their website, you can get it here.) Post to Blog (posts bookmarks from the previous day.). Import from del.icio.us
What’s special: Ignore users and hide their bookmarks. Private groups and tags using @.
- Linkatopia:[PR5] by Design215. Web 2.0 style Social bookmarking using Tags. Now supports custom skinning using CSS and has a style contest.[info]
[15/05/2006] [PHP/MySQL/JS] [RSS] [User]
Some Features: Description with HTML support. Rating. Friends listing with private description. Inbox. Chat. One click copy. Copy with draggable in page edit box showing clickable tags. Public/Friends/Private. Friendly URLs. Favicon. Sort by date added, title, or rating. Possibility to edit bookmarked date. Add bookmark page shows user tags and web site popular tags, then leads to a new add bookmark page with the previous bookmark’s link. Thumbshots(when available). Avatar.
To come: internal messages, file Import, AJAX forms
Tools: bookmarklet(pop-up and in page +text clipping). Pop-up chat window using PULPchat, also by Design215.
What’s special: Bookmark date editing. Bookmarks setting: visible to Friends only. Copy with edit or one click as-is. Duplicate notification.
- Linkarena:[PR4] Social bookmarks using folders and search. Free, premium and Pro accounts available.
[German/English] [Demo] [User] Some Features : Folders, Public/Private. Avatar. Automatic detail insertion from other users bookmarks, View users and number of bookmarks. Chart of the most visited users. Domain URL with user name.
Tools :bookmarklet, extension
What’s spcial: Private Tags. Chat.
- Linkroll:[PR6] Social bookmarks using tags(called categories).
[User] Some Features: RSS/JS. Podcast channels. Users. Open in new window button. Subscribe to tags. Ignor user/tag. Search page for Title/description/URL/Category.
Tools: bookmarklets (pop-up and non pop-up). Linkback button.
What’s spcial: Browse by archive
- Markboo*: [PR3] Web 2.0 style Open source Social bookmarks using Tags with image and music support.
[06/2006] [RubyonRails] [User] Some Features: Notes with WYSIWYG editing mode (FCKEditor).; Rating; Private/Public; Copy; ‘Add bookmark’ page has an in page clickable view/add Tags. Bookmark username with name and avatar. Image bookmarking. Syntax highlighting. Text Ads.
Tools: bookmarklets(post/Toggle Reading Mode). Import(Firefox/IE/Opera/Safari/del.icio.us). Export to HTML
What’s special: Create bookmarks from mail and mobile MMS. Bookmark(+image) from mobile. VoIP support requiring tglo CentComm.
- MyLinkVault*:[PR5] Ajax enabled, bookmark startpage with expand/collapse blocks. [demo].
Some Features: Set all private. Move all to an other page. expande/collapse all blocks. Import from IE, Firefox, del.icio.us or a list of URLs, Export to HTML, Categories, Public/private, Locking/Unlock page, View Popular Links. in page edit, 2 click delete. RSS feeds for new and popular. Settings: Links colors, default privacy. Thought no tags nor search.
Tools: 2 Bookmarklets(normal and one click).
- myHq*:[PR5] Simple text based interface where the bookmarks are automatically formatted into a table..
Some Features: Import from Mozilla/Netscape, Personal page.
- MyPIP*:[PR4] Service for creating personal pages of bookmarks. Demo available.
Some Features: Public/Private, Import/Export, Categories(modules), Comments batch editing.
Tools: bookmarklet. Spell checker.
- myVmarks*:[PR5] Web 1.0 style Social bookmark startpage. See demo.
Some Features: Shared though groups. Folders, Notes, possibility to store Thumbnails, drag and drop, Customizable options.
- Namakkal:[PR5] WordPress style interface with a simple public bookmarking using tags.
Some features: Import from file and del.icio.us, search, watchlist, tags, Bookmark username, tags, added date. No copy from public bookmarks.
Tools: Bookmarklets (popup ans non-popup)
- OpenBM*:[PR5] Beta. Text based interface, has support in English and German.
Some Features: Import, Tags, RSS
Tools: bookmarklets. Firefox search plug-in.
- onelurv:[PR4] Social RSS reader, social bookmarks startpage using tags and password manager.
[12/05/2006] [Ajax/JS] [English/Chinese] [blog/RSS] [demo] [User] Some Features: For bookmarks: Private/watchlist/Public bookmarks. Automatic title extration. 2 in page click delete. Mouseover thumbshots preview.
To come: Email notification for feeds.
Tools: Bookmarklets(pop up/non pop up). A nice widget with color/size options [Example]. Import del.icio.us/HTML file. Import/export OMPL.
What’s special: Password generator.
- Oyax:[PR4] Beta. For non-commercial use only.
- PennTags:[PR6] Text-based. by University of Pennsylvania.
[website] Some Features: Save, Tag, Annotate Pages (including Franklin Records, VCAT records.) Create projects(links collection) Tag Cloud. Bookmark username. Additional features will be added.
Tools: Bookmarklet. Toolbar.
- Plum: [PR4] Private BETA. Social bookmarks that also allows users to bookmark items on their computer, share emails and photos. “We want Plum to work with all the services you already use like Yahoo, Google, CraigsList, Amazon, Ebay, Flickr, WordPress…” [via] Some Features: One click collects web pages, blog posts, photos, email, feeds & more…, Listing, Annotate, Comment, Similar collections, Related … I’ll tell when I know more.
- Pocket: Web2.0 style Social bookmarks using tags.
- sa.bros.us:[PR4] Open source del.icio.us clone. You can download from here. (see other SourceForge bookmark projects.)
- Scuttle*:[PR6] Open Source Social Bookmarks using tags.
[PHP MySQL] [review] [download] [User] Some general Features: (They don’t all have the same features) Import from file(HTML and del.icio.us) edit delete bookmark, copy bookmarks, Bookmark username, Tags, Related Tags, Share, Sort by date/title/URL, Boolean search, when manually adding bookmarks title is automatically detected. Public/Private, Clear URLs, Friends.
Tools: Bookmarklets. RSS. Scuttlelicious Firefox extension for posting to any bookmark service using Scuttle [link].
What’s special: Open source with multilingual support
[xFolk/gettext].Using Scuttle: IndiaGram digg like focused on India. This one has implemented it’s own tools such as comments, email and voting implemented. Recommend It! Open Tag Directory and Scuttledu have implemented it as a side service.
Mobitopia (for mobile related), BTLI “Best things in life”, freedomSLUT (for libertarians), imp.etuo.us (for adult content), Tasty, GoKoDo …and there are many more!
- Shadows*:[PR7] Bookmarks and Network, it’s connected to Pluck with a tabbed interface and thumbshots. [Review] [API] [User]
Some Features: 2 click in page copy. Archive(cache). Find related(Discovery). Groups and Special tags for adding bookmarks to groups(with @). Rating. Profile page with Upload local Avatar and a choice of Avatars. Bookmark’s page. Friends list. Discussion. Tags. RSS. Notes. Comments. Email-This button. Tab to view only comments. View latest bookmarks. Popular Tag Cloud. Friendly URls.
- Sitetagger.com:[PR0] Nice simple text based interface.
Some Features: Tags, Broken link checker, Bookmark cleaner(removes old unused bookmarks), private/public, RSS, Feed subscriptions(Yahoo, Bloglines, MSN…), View who last bookmarked, Tag sorting, Related tags.
- Smarking*:[PR5] BETA For Social bookMARKING. Social Bookmarks using Tags. Exists in English and Italian. Smarking’s developer is also the initiator of the BIF project. Bookmark links detected as containg login names or passwords are utomatically hidden. [Python/PostgreSQL/Apache] [xFolk/i18n] [Blog] [Review] [Interview] [User]
Some Features: Import from Firefox, Opera, IE(to come)+from delicious (account or file). Import with Filtering. Search keywords or tags. Comments with some BBcode support. Private/Public. RSS(popular,highest rated) Friends. Messages. Show Similar. Mouseover usernames show user information and ‘send message’. Mouseover tags show search Smarking/Google/Technorati/Flickr/Digg/Wikipedia. View latest/popular/users/statistics.
User Options: Hide/show images, favicons and Avatars. Hide tags (do not show…). Number of bookmarks per page. Language settings. Time zone. Geo location.
To come: Export, Advanced search and Tag rename/delete, alias URLs.
Tools: Bookmarklet and Opera button that supports selected text. WordPress plugin. Advanced RSS2JS options.
What’s Special: Bookmark update notification. Keyboard navigation. Language (English/Italian.) and file format detection when bookmarking. Bookmark page has an iframe, so lets you copy past text from the original page. [example]
- Socialbookmarking.org:[PR5] Web2.0 style Social bookmarks using tags, where each user gets his own domain URL and a startpage. [userpage example] [Ruby on Rails/MySQL/AJAX] [blog] [User] Some Features: Tags. user and global Tag Cloud. Bookmark username. Blog. social network. Avatars. Friends. Subscribe to friends. Bookmark title one click in page edit. Tools: bookmarklet, Linkroll
- SyncOne.net*:[PR4] Web 2.0 style Social Bookmarks and RSS reader, tabbed interface for bookmarks/clips, Media(only with extension) and Feeds. You can search public bookmarks but not browse them.
Some features: Copy & mail button, search public bookmarks and feeds, Tags, Private/Public bookmarks. Checkbox to show as review(when adding/editing). ‘Add Bookmark page’ has tags, Clipping, comments field and it’s own url. Batch delete selected. All bookmarks have a email button, Search Google, view cached, edit. Drop down menu for hiding tags. Possibility to put an ad banner and earn (Google adsens and Yahoo publisher). Link to Cache. No user link.
Tools: Bookmarklet with selected text supoort. Right click for IE, bookmarklet that can save selected text. Firefox/IE extension for Bookmarks, images and XML/RSS. Toolbar required to save images. Import de.licio.us, File & OPML with custon tag option for all.
What’s special: Possibility to view/compare two site within iframes.
- StyleFeeder:[PR5] Social bookmarks using tags, small images and a simple text based interface, basicly for shopping items.
[16/10/2005] [Blog/RSS] [User] Some features: Possibiliy to post anonymously. Bookmark have Gender relevance, Email This Button, add a comment. Groups. Search page with tag cloud. Avatar. User watchlist. Page numbers on user bookmarks page. Did not have copy bookmark from other users.
Tools: Bookmarklet that gives the possibility to add an image. Flash widget with a mouseover-zooming effect. RSS/OMPL(+ subcribe to Yahoo, Bloglines, NewGator and Rojo) for user and tags.
- Sync2It*:[PR5] Social bookmarks using clusters. Free for students, teachers….
Some Features: Local <-> online bookmark synchronizing service. Mobile support, Dead link checker, Duplicate remover, Undelete, folders, keywords, descriptions, community, RSS, popularity rank, cached Link.
Tools: Toolbar, System tray app. Client app(Mac, PC).
- Taggly *:[PR5] English and Italian Social bookmarks using tags and thumbshots. Has just gone public this month!
[06/07/06] [English/Italian] [API] [Blog/RSS] [User][+17/07/06] Some Features: Two click in place delete. Bookmarks buttons: Cache copy/Mail/BlogThis/2 click tag + copy
Tools: bookmarklets(pop up and non pop up) Firefox extension. Import from file and del.icio.us file. API
- Tedigo.net*: ‘Te digo’: ‘I tell you’. Simple Social bookmarks using tags (keywords) where bookmarks are only visible as search results. (no editing, bookmarklets nor RSS)
[English/Spanish] Some features: One click copy with search keyword as tag. Public/Private.
Tools: Import max. 30 bookmarks from HTML file
- URLex:[PR4] Community with clippings and RSS aggregator
[English/Russian]  [User] Some Features: One click copy. Inbox. Private/Public group creation. Dirctory. Lets you leave private or public(to every URLex user?) comments on any webpage. Add bookmark page has: Private/Friends/Public. Create new category, comments. Feed publishing in community[example]. Now support RSS feeds with feedmarks(share/save), interface has been redesigned.
Tools: bookmarklet(selected text). IE and Firfox Toolbar. RSS code. Button code. OPML export.
- WireFan:[PR4] Social bookmarks using tags.
[07/06] About and contact links lead nowhere.
What’s special: Possibility to add website thumbshot or upload a picture.
Tools: bookmarklet. Linkroll. Blog post button.
- Xilin.us*:[PR5] Web 2.0 social bookmarks with a nice comment section to post, discuss features.
[03/2006] [RubyonRails/Ajax] [English/French] [Video Tutorial] Some Features: drag and drop for sorting. one click in page edit, 2click delete, Tags, Search, Rating, Public/Private, Import from Mozilla Firefox, Export to HTML.
- Yattle ALPHA : Simple text-based Social bookmarks using categories.
Some Features: Bookmark lifespan. Privacy options. Mini-blog. 2 layout choices or custom colors and logo.
- Yoono:[PR6] Suggestion and Social bookmarking using folders.
[16/09/2005] [English/French] [blog/RSS] [Interview] Some Features: Profile page. RSS aggregragating. Private/Public. Search by popularity. Searches similar by URL. Online and offline(Synchronizing), Quick find, Filtering, Find duplicates, drag and drop, Send mail, user/news alerts.
Tools: Required FF and IE extension or complete app for XP. RSS/JS
- BeWebWord: Social bookmarking like identi.ca powered by Staut.Net enable subscription, Group creating, Manage bookmarks, Follow users and more .
Marketer are also using these bookmarking services for SEO